Sunday, August 5, 2007

The letter he'll never read.

Dear *you*,
I know you'll never read this. I know that more than likely we will never talk again. Some part of my mind needed to write this none-the-less.
I'm sorry that I can't be with you. I'm sorry that I hurt you so many times. I'm sorry so many questions went unanswered. But honestly I can sit back and remember
the times we had and not cry anymore. I can remember the time you gave me a dandelion with a smile on my face. I can remember laying back on the grass watching the hot air balloons float by, or the time spent at the fair. I can remember the nights laying on the couch just being together and not feel my heart ache. I can remember that special night, when our vows were exchanged... I can remember the times when we just watched movies and ate popcorn and remember how much you meant to me then. I remember our Christmas', Valentine's and birthdays and not want to weep. We had some really good times, we had some really bad times. We stuck through it with just each other by our sides. I am in love with you, I won't use the past-tence for that, I will always be in love with you. You changed my life, for the good and the bad. You weremy shining light, my companion, my other half. I don't fault you for that, I applaud you for it. I love you for who you were with me, and I hope you the best. Goodbye my love.

Ashli

2 comments:

none said...

A lot of us should write a letter like that. Sometimes it just has to be done.

Arcadia Iris said...

Oh, sweetie... The dandelion tipped me off, so I have an idea of the emotions and thoughts that went into this, but I know better than to say I totally understand. I've been in similar places in life, but never that exact place. *humongous hugs* I never cease to be amazed by how strong you are.